Meditation and Anxiety
Can meditation really reduce anxiety?
If you are living a somehow anxious life, you may have heard that meditation helps to get rid of anxiety. But as you are a rational person you might want to get more information about whether your life can improve and if meditation really works before you go for it.
First of all, everyone has anxiety to some extent. Some more, some less, but all in all, all of us live in a modern society where mental disorders are frequent: worries about money, fear of the future – especially due to this virus – uncertainty about our work and complicated relationships. Not to mention the constant pressure from the media and society. No wonder we are at least a bit anxious at times!
- One benefit of Meditation is that it makes you slow down which helps you wind off the daily anxiety and be more calm and at ease.
- Another reason why meditation is the answer to reduce anxiety lies in the roots of anxiety. Anxiety comes from the life lived, the accumulated thoughts and burdens. If for example I was bitten by a dog as a child, I may be anxious when I am around dogs. Letting go of the negative thought from my childhood will free me from that anxiety.
- Finally, knowing and looking back at yourself will gradually make you more conscious of who you are and what you truly want. Once you are aware of that, anxiety naturally fades away.
Many succesfull people testified that meditation helped reduce their anxiety
As you may have heard, many successful people are meditating. From Oprah Winfrey to Michael Jordan, Cristiano Ronaldo, Jean-Claude van Damme. They all have expressed several times that meditation helped them to reduce anxiety and the amount of negative thoughts about the future. Furthermore, they are willing to devote some of their time on a daily basis to meditate.
Meditation Technique For Anxiety
10 minutes meditation for anxiety
- Find at least 10 minutes daily to sit down and observe all the distracting factors and the anxiety you are facing. Be aware of the situation and accept it, even though it could be difficult sometimes.
- Try to relax and find a comfortable position (possibly sitting) to be together with your own thoughts and feelings. Let all the random things come to your mind. Without judging them, just observe them.
- Use the power of your mind to welcome all these emotions and breathe slowly and deeply at your own pace.
- If your mind wanders or any random thoughts come up, let them go just as a cloud flies away.
- Enjoy your meditation. Bear in mind that it is part of a process that you are going through and the journey is not less important than the final destination.
- Finish the meditation by taking a few deep breaths and being grateful for the opportunity to let go of anxiety.
It is also scientifically proven that daily meditation helps substantially reduce the levels of anxiety even though you would commit only 10 minutes daily to meditation. Meditation affects the brain waves, which in turn generate a smoother energy flow in the body, parallelly reinvigorating body and mind.
There is no one, who would not have at least 10 minutes per day to do something for their mental and physical health. Even doctors, scientists and practitioners are realizing the power of the mind, which is the key component in attaining balance, harmony and satisfaction in our lives. Besides, everyone can meditate! We all have inherent abilities to cure ourselves as the children of nature. If we discover this wonderful capability of ours, the meditation can do wonders.
First of all, anxiety is not our original nature. Our original nature is the pure, empty consciousness, void of all the humanly worries, anxiety and stress. The latter are things that we acquired while adding more and more thoughts to our minds by living a life of greed and dissatisfaction, contrary to our true self. Thus, if we eliminate these added minds, why would the source of our problem not disappear? Just like the world is very logical, the human mind is also logical. So if we keep adding more and more anxiety to our minds, it will be filled and overflown quickly, causing stress and pain, but if we subtract and delete them, it will be filled with joy, bliss and more and more happiness. The formula is quite simple: stop suppressing, start subtracting!
You do not need to be an expert in science to experience the benefits of throwing away your anxiety. Even those who do not know anything about meditation, medicine or have no spiritual background, can feel the positive changes that occur very quickly. You will feel the amazing changes yourself and would want to continue the practice of meditating. Thousands of people are already the living proof that meditation is not just a slogan but it really works. So many people are thankful for having given it a chance and making an effort. Do not forget, even small but steady steps bring huge changes on the long term and once you start, nothing can stop you from achieving an anxiety free life and future. As you are reading this article, you must have the willingness to do it, so why not start systematic meditation now at the meditation center in brussels?
Meditation Center in Brussels
Meditation to reduce anxiety
Are you looking for guided meditation for anxiety? The meditation center for anxiety is near you! our meditation classes are optimized for anxiety solution. If you want to try one session to learn about meditation, we offer free introduction session for you!
If you want to contact us :
Avenue de la Renaissance 1, 1000 Bruxelles
Tel : 0491 75 14 14
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.orgTags: 10 minute meditation for anxiety, anti anxiety meditation, best meditation for anxiety, brussels meditation, guided meditation for anxiety, meditation and anxiety, meditation center in brussels, meditation class in brussels, meditation for anxiety, meditation technique for anxiety, meditation to reduce anxiety